Post Study Work arrangement for international students were introduced by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) on 23 March 2013.
Students who graduate with an Australian Bachelors, Masters or a Doctoral degree and meet the other eligibility criteria will have access to the new Post-Study Work Visa.
The duration of the post-study work visa you are able to apply for will depend on the degree you attain, as follows:
* - Bachelor and Master by Coursework graduates will be eligible to apply for a two year post-study work visa
* -- Master by Research graduates will be eligible to apply for a three year post-study work visa
· - - PhD graduates will be eligible to apply for a four year post-study work visa
The post-study work arrangements is an additional stream in the temporary skilled graduate (subclass 485) visa. The temporary skilled graduate (subclass 485) visa has been renamed the temporary graduate (subclass 485) visa
Eligibility for Post Study Work visa
To be eligible to apply for the post-study work visa, you must:
· - successfully complete an Australian Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree
· have lodged your first student visa application after 5 November 2011
· - meet the Australian study requirement in the six months immediately before making your post-study work visa application
· - be in Australia
· - be under 50 years of age
· - meet the English language requirement
- other requirements that will need to be met include health, character and security requirements.
The Australian study requirement
Regardless of whether you are applying under the post-study work stream or the graduate work stream, you must meet the Australian study requirements in the six months before making your subclass 485 visa application.
The Australian study requirement is defined as study in Australia in a registered course for a period of at least two academic years. The course must be conducted in English and must be completed in no less than 16 calendar months.
To meet the Australian study requirement, you must:
· -attain either a single qualification requiring at least two academic years study or multiple qualifications resulting in a total period of at least two academic years study
· -undertake this study in no less than 16 calendar months.